WHAT’S ON OFFER….
You will learn the basics of cross country skiing as well as enjoy a short nature tour with interpretive highlights. All taking place against the beauty of a winter wonderland in formidable flat ski areas.
Your key learning activities are:
• Physical geography of the valley
• Unique landscape and vegetation at Jackman Flats
• Appropriate equipment selection and preparation for an enjoyable and safe cross country experience
• Basic cross country maneuvers on gentle terrain.
• Choosing appropriate terrain for skill and fitness level.
• Refining learned skills while enjoying a cross country ski tour.
CLASSROOM – EQUIPMENT ORIENTATION
BREAK FOR LUNCH
AFTERNOON INTERPRETIVE SKI TOUR
9.00AM TO 10.00AM
10.00AM TO 12.00PM
12.00PM TO 1.00PM
1.00PM TO 4.00PM
Cross-country ski equipment will be provided.
REQUIRED: Students must dress for mountain weather conditions and have winter weather gear.
THIS COURSE WILL RUN IN WINTER – DATES TBA